Saturday, August 30, 2008

1858 - 2008 & BEYOND

Well, it isn't Friday, but at least it is still August! Yesterday, I closed the shop at 12:30, and went up to the school for play practice for the Sesquicentennial play, A Crothersville Celebration. I only have a couple of lines, and then am a part of a congregation in one scene and a group of townspeople in another. The choir teacher is incredible. Our dress rehearsal is next Saturday morning, from 8-12. We get to go through the entire production. There will be two performances on Friday, September 12, one in the morning for the students, and one in thevening for the general public. I know this is going to be something our town remembers until the Bicentennial in 2058!

I am also very interested in learning more about Sarah Palin, whom John McCain named as his vice-presidential running mate. I was impressed to learn that Newt Gingrich, whom I regard as an extremely intelligent and knowledgable person, had brought her name up months earlier as an individual with great potential. Politically, I am a registered Democrat, but that really makes little difference to me.

Until next time,
BRENDA

VISIT THE 'VILLE DURING THE SESQUICENTENNIAL CELEBRATION SEPTEMBER 11-14

1 comment:

Susan Warren said...

I am sure you will do a wonderful job in the play! Sounds like it will be a great play and yes, I'm sure everyone will remember it!
Have a good week! Love, Susan